Blaze guts Noxen home
A Noxen Twp. home was gutted by fire Saturday afternoon.
Noxen Fire Chief Lew Hackling Sr. said that the home belonging to R.J. Scouton about two miles west of the village of Noxen was not occupied when an emergency call went out around 4 p.m.
However, he was able to confirm that someone had been in it two hours earlier.
He said Tuesday that the cause of the fire had been ruled accidental.
Hackling noted that the house about 100 yards up a driveway north of Rt. 29 created some muddy and slippery obstacles for firefighters as a result of ice patches and snow melt.
Kunkle and Harveys Lake fire companies assisted Noxen at the scene.